[Rhodes22-list] Lloyd's and Bill - Gimp

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Thu May 19 12:56:13 EDT 2005

Lloyd and Bill:
	As Bill mentioned there are many programs to manipulate images and
add text.  Rummy gave me a copy of PhotoShop 7 that he uses professionally,
however, it did not come with detailed instructions and was to me difficult
to use.  I need simple instructions notwithstanding 20+ years of using
computers.
	Mark put me onto the GIMP2 site.  It is freeware and you can easily
download instructions for what you want to do.  See:
http://www.gimp.org/
	I used this program to label/Annotate the 400+images that we used
out of 700+ images of the Ukraine.  It has a reasonable learning curve.  It
may be slower that many of the high power programs and might require a few
more key strokes, but it will put a label where you want it, the size you
want it and the color(s) that you want it.  I would recommend it.
	If you decide to download it, ask me and I will give the specific
instructions.  You have to download two (2) programs and each set of
instructions that you want separately.
	If you look at the addendums that I sent Bill in yesterday's
discussion of his camera, you will see two pictures that I took over in the
Ukraine with relevant annotation. I will attach another image to this post.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA