[Rhodes22-list] Re: Commitment to war AND a Joke

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 21:34:46 EDT 2005

Deena,

I fly jets for FedEx, founded by a Marine, run by
Marines, with an occasional Air Force and Navy puke,
damn little Army, and hardly ever a civilian in the
mix.  I'm all civilian but I have photos of the
Marines in compromising positions. After doing this
for a living for 30 years, 20 with this company, its
starting to get a bit old.  However, I've had the
pleasure of working with the finest bunch of men and
women that ever served in the armed forces or flew
airplanes.

Now here's one to ask your husband if he's heard.

A new General on the Joint Chiefs of Staff was
interviewing for an assistant.  Early in his career he
was involved in a horrible accident and lost both of
his ears.  He was very self-concious about it.

The first candidate was a graduate of West Point, top
of his class, excellent service record.  At the end of
the interview the General asked, "Son, do you notice
anything unusual about me?"  "Yes Sir!  I notice
you're missing your ears, Sir!"

The second kid was a Zoomie straight out of the
Acadamy.  Same question.  "Sir, I notice your ears are
missing"

Next is the Naval Academy grad.  "Sir, you've
apparently lost your ears"

The last candidate is a Marine.  The General pops the
question.  "Sir, I notice you wear contacts".  "That's
very astute Gunney, how did you notice that?"  "Well
Sir, you can't wear glasses, you got no f@$&ing ears!"

Brad

=== message truncated ===

Discover Yahoo!