[Rhodes22-list] political debate and the list charter

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Sat May 21 23:56:32 EDT 2005

Rik wrote:

>>> I'll try to say this politely ........ READ the CHARTER!!!

Rik,

   There are quite a few of us original members that still fail to follow the charter's guidance.   I am referring to:

"Subject Line: Please set or change the subject line to reflect the true subject of the post......."

   While the charter does not specifically spell it out, we have all here collectively agreed that jokes, sensitive subjects, religious, and political content be clearly labeled in upper case in the subject line of the post.  The delete key only works effectively if we can identify the content from the properly labelled subject line.  This is why e-mails have subject lines.  It is not fair to Graham to get blasted for complaining when we are all guilty (with the exception of Ed, who faithfully changes his subject lines) of not following the charter.  Graham has not been around long enough to know this, but we need not be so quick to judge.  The political and religious bickering and arguing drove away one of our most knowledgeable members.

Todd