[Rhodes22-list] Anyone else tired of this political debate?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun May 22 02:14:08 EDT 2005

Graham,

You know, I was actually thinking the same thing.  We go through this
every 6 months or so.  We used to have 2 prohibited areas, religion and
politics.  But people started sneaking their opinions through by
labellings them "Jokes".  So we opened it up to no holds barred.

Most of the answers to most of the questions about the R-22 have been
archived, and are available to newcomers without asking questions on the
open list.  The people with the answers to the rest of the questions
have no reason to come back to this list day after day if all they are
doing is answering questions from newcomers that have been answered many
times before.

So we fill our idle hours with banter.  Some newcomers just pass
through.  Others hang with us.  Some people sell their boats but stick
with the list.  It's hard to explain.  I guess it's an acquired taste.

But if you want to know something about the boat, and Stan doesn't have
the time to answer, this is the place to be.

Bill Effros