[Rhodes22-list] Todd, Graham and Rhodes22 list

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun May 22 09:27:13 EDT 2005

Todd
"Subject Line: Please set or change the subject line to reflect the true
subject of the post...".   Todd I do miss changing the subject line
occasionally, just not as regular as certain political commentators.  Maybe
those guys do not know what the subject line is or that they can actually
change it.

   "The delete key only works effectively if we can identify the content
from the properly labelled subject line.  This is why e-mails have subject
lines."  A good subject line does help when going back looking for
information.

For certain old time Rhodes' Listers to ask a newbee to leave because he
complains about their rudeness, maybe they need to lay off the bottle:-)

When Michael first set up this list, coming from the old sailnet list, there
were debates as to what should be allowed.  There was sort of agreement and
acquiescence.  I thought one big reason we left was because we had to stick
to sailing issues.
I think the list has survived because it gets a quick response to boat
questions by people knowledgeable about the specific boat. Often times you
get conflicting answers about a problem enabling And we have pictures and
technical diagrams! And cruise stories with pictures!

Some members of the list have tuned out certain other members because of the
political stuff.  Filters do work; unfortunately, some of the political
commentators know or have done a great amount with the Rhodes 22 and other
small sailboats.

Todd seems to have some inside information about one knowledgeable member
leaving the list.  Others have left the list because of all the irrelevant
chatter.  However, let one day go by without a post what do we all see?
TEST! Is the list working?

All the clap trap posts do serve a purpose, we all know the list works and
there is a world out there.

There are three other rhodes email list out there that I know of.  Getting
one post every four to six months is ridiculous.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum: In case you have not noticed it, people do make a difference.