[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Extension stuck in position

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue May 24 11:13:36 EDT 2005

For the record, WD 40 is the wrong approach.

There is a cam inside these extensions that grabs and releases the outer
tube.  WD 40 makes it impossible to grab.

The recommended method is to use fresh water.  This never works, and you
always wind up getting a new tiller extension.

If kept clean, not forced, and used with some understanding of how the
mechanism works, these tiller extensions can work properly for 10 years
or more.

Bill Effros