[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Extension stuck

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue May 24 11:10:10 EDT 2005

Rose:
	Anything can be fixed on a Rhodes 22.  Experience will help.  Were
is northern neck Virginia?
	If it is stuck out, my thought is straight pressure inward in a
loose or unlocked position.(aka elbow grease).
	There is only one screw holding it thru the tiller, so if you can
work a screw driver, take it off to fix it.  I never had the problem you are
discussing.  Sometimes mine does not like to lock tight.  My wife says it
works like her duster, it sometimes pretends that it does not want to work
like it is supposed to.
	If you want to sail and it is in the way, just take it off until it
is fixed.  Is this a picture of what you have?
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=1
0001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=72206
	If you do take it off, just do not use it on Stan, the extension can
be fixed, but not Stan.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA