[Rhodes22-list] Rose, the nautical engineer

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue May 24 12:22:13 EDT 2005

Rose,
	A screwdriver may be all that you need to remove the retaining bolt.
However, the nut is recessed and you might need a nut driver to hold the
bolt. You routinely take it off to paint the tiller.  BTW, get a tiller
cover so that you do not have to paint as often.
	In regards to keeping a small boat functioning, keep a small toolbox
on the boat.
	Hopefully, you have read "Sailing Small" with a chapter by your
fellow Chesapeake Rhodie, Mary Lou.  A small sail boater wrote each chapter,
and some speak to technical challenges that you might expect to encounter.
	I saw Stan's reply.  You should have had the Gorilla fix the
situation.  I always say, he who messes up, cleans up.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  I know where Annapolis is.  I know where Baltimore is. I know
where the Bay Bridge and Tunnels are.  Nevertheless, I still have no clue
where you are.  Let me put it this way, Greenville is half way between
Atlanta and Charlotte.  In the western corner of South Carolina: Elevation
above sea level: 1,000 feet, at the base of the Blue Ridge Escarpment, just
of Interstate Highway 85, and so on.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA