[Rhodes22-list] Homeward bound to Avalon

michael meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Tue May 24 21:53:36 EDT 2005

I hope that in your planing to budgeted 2 full days prepping the boat
for the trip, shacking down the system and are carrying the right amount
of tools and spares with you. Forgive me but you are taking a boat  and
and motor that has not even be sprigged commissioned, just had work done
on it on a 300+ mile trip in relivelty spare coast in cold water(as in
50 degress/ 50 minutes to death) and under a time limit, Good grife. I
am assuming because of the "bus" part of the story and the fact it is at
the factory that the boat will not have it full spares/fuelload/tools
and even maybe some of the safty. What bothering me is the vhf/cell
phone part, you do know the rules of salvage right???  Tell me you are
knowageable sailors and I back off, but this stuff is only the begining