[Rhodes22-list] ad hominem attacks

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Fri May 27 18:08:26 EDT 2005

Here, here. I second the opinion of the gentleman from Texas.

We all put up with a varying degree of personal propaganda here, and as you
have often stated, it is as easy to ignore as the delete key. Just read
whatcha want, and forget the rest. Works for me.

I might not like or agree with your (as in generic "everyones") viewpoint
on everything, but I respect your right to say it, and would do nothing to
hurt you or belittle you personally.

If you must criticize, if you must argue, than criticize the argument, not
the author. Ad hominem  attacks only bolster the weakness of the attacker.....

Now, I'm going sailing. I wish you all (and I mean ALL) a wonderful and
well heeled weekend. No arguments from me.
jw

Jim White
Le Menagerie
www.lemenagerie.blogspot.com