[Rhodes22-list] Satire: Thin Skins and Short Memories

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat May 28 11:15:26 EDT 2005

Right wing people seem to think they have some kind of license to
personally attack anyone, in any way.  But if someone attacks them or
their institutions they start crying "foul".  You guys can dish it out,
but you sure can't take it.  "Thin skin" is an understatement.

I have properly labeled each of my posts, this one included, as
"Satire".  You don't want to read Satire--hit the delete key.  That's
what you guys have been saying every time someone objected to a vile
"Joke" or fascist "Politics".

Following are direct quotes from Philip and Deena's email over the past
6 months.  None of these comments was properly labeled, so it was not
possible for me to just hit the delete key.  I am personally offended by
each of these comments, for reasons I do not care to share with the
list.  But please try to understand, these comments are just as
offensive to me as my comments to Philip are to you:

"You are not or ever will be privy to the things that have gone on!
Although I personally don't agree with it either, so sorry you cannot
understand an explanation as to why someone made that decision and twist
it into a sob story."

"Does Kathy really feel it is necessary to use an insulting and annoying
confidentiality clause on what was a friendly website that everyone here
sees."

"My husband has just recovered from a second surgery due to combat
related injuries to help protect all Americans, including cheryle."

"It was my duty to respond (I could have gotten out of it)."

"Africa is a tragedy, but, like Kosovo, it holds nothing in the US
interest and we should not sacrifice our children over it."

"As for PBS, if you do not detect the left wing near communist, praise
Castro bias, then you might want to examine your own leanings."

"Typical of most liberals they want the rest of us to pay. I agree with
you, if they want it so bad, cough up the dough, their own dough and
stop stealing tax dollars that are better spent."

"The public schools have become a politically correct liberal forum for
issuing condoms, undermining parental authority and values and have
drifted away from teaching the fundimentals. Most of this can be laid at
the feet of the liberals (usually Democrats) who are in bed with the
teacher's unions.

"Why do we need guidance counsellors in elementary school?"

"In my diatribe I forgot to mention that one "teacher of the year" for 1993
said our son needed ritulin, but couldn't explain why he could sit an build
legos quietly by himself or read a book for hours. I also have an answering
machine recording where the teacher said she would blame our son for any
incidents regardless of fault and he would not be allowed to go to any class
functions (second grade). This was a personality issue and she was a prima
donna. The school administration and the superintendent did nothing."

"I said that myself to a teacher who wanted to put my son on drugs."

"The Clinton admistration is wholly responsible for setting up the situation
we have now. By ignoring the threat and not responding to attacks when they
had the opportunity, the campus intellectuals let us down."

"The best defense is a good offense. Where would you rather see the
bombs, Iraq or New York?"

"The liberal idea of defense is (in person or as a country) if I am
unarmed and helpless, the criminals (or terrorists or tyrannical
governments) will leave me alone. Just like Tojo did."

Bill Effros