[Rhodes22-list] Rude is rude...not satire

Thena Carville thenacarville at bellsouth.net
Sat May 28 17:45:28 EDT 2005

I have been mostly silent for quite some time now but feel things on this
list are changing and not necessarily for the better...one would think our
more "educated" members would also be the ones who show the most
manners...the past few days have blown that theory all to hell....believe it
or not, this list probably has more people who hover closer to the
"conservative" label  on it than hover by "liberal"...they are the reason I
am still here...occasionally a "voice" from the past will surface and
brighten my day...for the most part, we are a quiet group and don't feel the
driving need to convert our bretheren...or preach ad nauseum at
them.....personally, I don't need anyone to tell me about politics...I am a
big girl and have actually read a few books, known people (well) who served
in both houses....state and federal....learned more than I ever wanted to
know about the budget and foreign affairs...have friends and family in the
military...my opinions were formed by working with, in and for various
agencies and groups and I certainly don't need someone to tell me what color
the sky is...nor will I try to explain to someone else why the sky they see
is not what actually exists...to me, it is a matter of personal
responsibility to learn what you can and form your own opinion.....up until
recently, all the interactions between listers has been fairly courteous...I
don't care what you call it, rude is rude...it is not satire..and it is not
acceptable......if you are off your medication, get back on it.....don't
think because someone else behaved poorly in the past you have carte blanche
to behave badly....if you want to insult someone or pick a fight, do it
offline...don't do it in front of me and expect me not to be offended....I
am neither thin skinned nor suffering from memory loss...along with others,
I was insulted by a recent post and sincerely hope it is the last in that
vein.....please....
Thank you,
Thena