[Rhodes22-list] Introduction and Thanks

Gregg J. MacMillan gjm at macgra.com
Mon May 30 19:13:42 EDT 2005

>Unfortunately, one of the most expensive things on the Rhodes 22 can
>be the IMF mast.

Ed--

Thanks for the heads up. I was pretty sure it was going to be an
expensive purchase. The mast, being mounted on top of the boat, took
a pretty good blow when it rolled over. There is a pretty good sized
dent about half way up the mast. It doesn't seem to affect the normal
operation of the IMF, but it does make it impossible to remove the
furling mechanism. The sails are not in great shape, so I think we'll
have to replace everything soon.

Regarding the accident, I don't know too much more than what I posted
earlier. I do know it was a 2" ball. According to my brother, who
does a lot more towing than I do, he has heard of a number of
failures to trailer balls that were made in China. (He claims you see
them at flea markets for $1.79) According to him, they tend to harden
the entire ball, not just the outside, and the balls become brittle.
The failures he has been more familiar with are when the ball itself
sheared off. In this case, the nut stripped off. When we picked up
the boat, it was definitely not balanced correctly on the
trailer...practically no tongue weight. I suspect that was a big part
of the problem.

>You can send email photos right from iPhoto 5 (use Share menu) or
>save them to the desktop as jpegs from other versions and then send
>as attachments with Mail.

Jim--

I do have/use iPhoto, and come to think of it, it probably does do
most, if not all, the things that Picasa does. Thanks for the
reminder. I did take Hank up on his offer to try gMail from Google
and think I will be switching over my mail lists to my gMail address
because of its indexing features.

The last photos I attached apparently didn't go thru. They are jpgs,
and not all that big, but I'll make them smaller and attach them
again to see if that works.

--Gregg

--

M a c M i l l a n  G r a p h i c s