[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 list status?

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Nov 3 13:56:31 EST 2005

ed kroposki wrote:

> Robert,
>         This is what happens when so many northern sailors put the tarp over
> their boat instead of hooking up and making like a snowbird.  Weather is
> nice in these parts.  Come on down.

Yup, the tarp is over one boat and the other is at the
boatyard getting some major work done.

I'd love to come south, but Barbara and I blew my
vacation and personal time (to say naught about my
wallet) on a recon tour of Champlain Lake (both US and
Canadian parts), all the locks on Champlain Canal, and
Troy (NY) Federal Lock.  We took every ferry on the
lake in addition to a boat tour around several
interesting islands.

The general plan for some fall vacation is to put in
at the north end of the lake and spend a couple of
easy weeks traveling down to Peekskill.  Guess I'll
pull out there -- I'm a country boy and find New York
a bit overwhelming.

>         You have illustrated why we allow political comments.  There is no
> need to check and see if the list is working.

I'll take that as a compliment, and thank you.

>         Too bad Stan and Elton do not use digital cameras and laptop
> computers.  They could be sending us pictures of Tampa and the boat show.

Well, maybe they aren't inclined to share some
things.  There's that little bar on the Rt. 60
causeway out to Clearwater/St. Pete...

--
Robert Skinner
"Squirrel Haven", 9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, Maine 04038-1331