[Rhodes22-list] Flyboy Brad

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 07:58:30 EST 2005

Ed,

Actually I haven't had my boat out of the slip for two
months.  Just before leaving for China the prop shaft
locked up while docking.  My brother disconnected the
transmission from the prop drive while we were gone
and determined that the engine and transmission were
OK.  Just last Saturday my best friend went diving and
found about three feet of nylon wrapped around the
shaft and cut it off.  I am the guilty culprit.  When
single-handing I trail a dock fender on about 100' of
line in the event that I get knocked overboard.  Some
of the excess line was dangling overboard and I backed
over it, duh!  The pace of paperwork and legwork to
launch our company has settled down to the point that
I can look forward to getting in some sail days during
November.  Let me look for some sailing video - no
promises.

Brad