[Rhodes22-list] A quick Google search came up with this info. Removing silicone.

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Mon Nov 14 18:18:12 EST 2005

Rummy,

>  Thanks much for the info and links

  as I recall someone on this list used mineral spirits to remove the
cured silicone.
  **
  I have to remind myself not to add the sealant until the spring as I
want to  paint inside the cap with bottom paint. Probably  over doing
it a bit here but hey, this poor Rhodes was a-bused seriously so any
extra love and care i give her, she'll pay me back with years of
happy sailing right??
and more money into that black chute in the aft!
Lou