[Rhodes22-list] Another reply to Lou

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Nov 14 19:12:54 EST 2005

Gee Lou,
	If you knew all the answers, why did you ask?  You are the current
authority on rebuilding.
	The centerboard pin was not a wooden pin.  We have gone thru this
discussion sometime in the past.  The Oracle of Edenton told us at that time
what many pins of that time period were made of.  It is some sort of
synthetic stuff as I recall.
	When the Oracle of Edenton speaks to the issue again, we will know.
If he replies to you directly, tell the rest of us.
	When dealing with SS there is something called crevice corrosion
that affects ss.
	BTW where are the pictures?  Have you plumbed the marine head yet?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA