[Rhodes22-list] stirring the hornet's nest....

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 06:13:43 EST 2005

Cheryl,

I've got just enough time before taking my daughter to
school to make one poke at the hornet's nest.  Have
you read these quotes from various 'leaders'?

Brad

Leahy, Max Cleland, John Kerry and Robert Byrd, among
others

"(Iraq) admitted, among other things, an offensive
biological warfare capability — notably 5,000 gallons
of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of
anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157
aerial bombs. And might I say, UNSCOM inspectors
believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its
production."
— Text of President Clinton's address to Joint Chiefs
of Staff and Pentagon staff, Feb. 17, 1998

As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am
keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and
biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to
all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the
development of weapons of mass destruction technology,
which is a threat to countries in the region, and he
has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

— Press release from Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Dec.
16, 1998

Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has
proven impossible to deter and we should assume that
it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
— From an address by Al Gore to the Commonwealth Club
of California, Sept. 23, 2002

"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass
destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It
has been with us since the end of that war, and
particularly in the last four years ... he has
continued to build those weapons."
— Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is
working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and
will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five
years."
— Floor statement of Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West
Virginia, vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee
on Intelligence, Oct. 10, 2002

Under Saddam's rule, Iraq has engaged in far-reaching
human rights abuses, been a state sponsor of terrorism
and has long sought to obtain and develop weapons of
mass destruction."
— Statement from the Web site of Senate Minority
Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, dated 2002

I consider the prospect of a nuclear-armed Saddam
Hussein who can threaten not only his neighbors, but
the stability of the region and the world, a very
serious threat to the United States."
— Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York at a Jan.
22, 2003, press conference