[Rhodes22-list] stirring the hornet's nest.... (political)

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Nov 15 08:14:42 EST 2005

Yeah, sounds familiar. It's been posted here several times by other folks wanting to "stir the hornet's nest" who don't happen to approve of the war.

It's sad to see how so many folks just don't understand. The president started the war before the election. Long before the election. His opponent campaigned largely on the war issue, and lost.

So, the president is doing what HE campaigned on. Baghdad fell is much less time than the anti-war crowd predicted. In spite of the sad deaths that have occurred, it also came with far less loss of life than those oppose predicted (I remember REGULARLY hearing of tens of thousands of our soldiers would die to take the country). In a remarkably short time, the country has held an election for temporary leaders, those leaders that THEY chose hammered together a consensus constitution that was overwhelmingly passed by the by the people, and they will soon have yet another election in that country to elect leaders.

And now, even the Muslim world is beginning to turn against the terrorists and their tactics.

I'm proud of the stand our president has taken in this war. I'm proud of what our country has done in this war. I'm proud of what our soldier's have done in Iraq. I'm proud of my soon to be son in law who has done 2 tours over there (with the Marines), about to do a third, has a purple heart and a Navy/Marine medal.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> cheryl.ogrady at mail.com 11/15/2005 7:57:04 AM >>>
"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.  Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.  It works the same in every country."  Hermann Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarshall at the Nuremburg trials

Just came across this.  Sound familiar?

Here's a good website, the name is self-explanatory.
www.dontblamemeivoted4kerry.com

It's bumper stickers and t-shirts, but some of the lines are pretty funny.