[Rhodes22-list] stirring the hornet's nest.... (political)

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 09:41:53 EST 2005

Herb,

Thought you might enjoy this news brief.  Hey, what's
going on at your end of the gulf?  Things are
painfully slow in Gulfport, everyone is having trouble
getting Right of Entries (ROE's) and even the private
parties with more than enough money to take care of
themselves are waiting for the big gubment check. We
were doing OK picking up dead chickens until the EPA
shut down the project for soil samples.  Uh, I'm
pretty sure the chickens are still dead.   Are things
progressing any better where you are?

Brad

------------

November 11, 2005

Democrats Deny Having Pre-War Intelligence
by Scott Ott

(2005-11-11) — Democrats in Congress today rejected
President George Bush’s accusation that they’re trying
to rewrite history, which shows they supported the
Iraq war based on the same intelligence that drove his
decision to send in the troops.

“We had no pre-war intelligence,” said Sen. John
Kerry, “History will show that none of the leading
Democrats had substantial intelligence. Anyone who
remembers what we did then knows that the president is
making a baseless allegation. I think history will
bear out my contention that we Democrats lacked the
intelligence to make such an important decision.”

The junior Senator from Massachussetts said he
continues “to faithfully support the troops who
uselessly die for a lie in Iraq.”

“Our troops deserve to know that their elected leaders
who voted to send them to war will remain firm in our
conviction that we didn’t know what we were doing at
the time,” Sen. Kerry said. “It’s important, on
Veteran’s Day, to remember that our Democrat
commitment to our military hasn’t changed.”

White House spokesman Scott McClellan repeated his
categorical denial that the Bush administration “ever
manipulated anyone’s intelligence or ignorance.”