[Rhodes22-list] Vietnam was Kerry's fault.

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Nov 16 10:25:04 EST 2005

Actually, that was said tounge in cheek. I disagree about the "earned them" part, but neither you or I were there, so who's to say.

I disagree with the notion that "guerilla wars are virtually impossible to win." They may be virtually impossible to stamp out completely, but there have been MANY instances of guerilla warfare that have failed.

I would agree though, that occupation of a hostile nation is virtually impossible, but that is not the case with Iraq. The "insurgents" are not the local populace. If it were, and their actions represented the majority of the populace, then I would agree we should get out.  That's not the case.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast
>>> R22RumRunner at aol.com 11/16/05 8:55 AM >>>
Herb,
John Kerry was in Vietnam.  Some chose to serve, others just want  to
criticize him for doing so. Whatever medals he got, he earned them.
He wasn't the only Vietnam vet that came home and protested against the  war.
Those that did make it home were mostly against our continued involvement.
Guerilla wars are virtually impossible to win, either in Vietnam or Iraq. It's
hard to tell who the enemy really is unless they are wearing a uniform.

Rummy