[Rhodes22-list] questions/opinions

thescubatank at cox.net thescubatank at cox.net
Thu Nov 17 11:54:36 EST 2005

Ron,

I have a 1978 Rhodes 22.  My recomendation is that if you are happy with the interior of the newer Rhodes and can afford it then I would go newer.  My wife and I have spent weekends Ad Astra.  The V-berth is not that big, however the double sette works well.  The pop up room or the Boom room will give you plenty of extra living space for crusing or just weekends.  As far as the motor goes, I have a 4 hp 4 stroke that I use to get in and out of the marina.  I does well on the lower chesapeake bay area.  I do want to upgrade in the near future prior to any crusing for extended periods.  As far as he used motors, If there is a warranety thats great, otherwise I would look at the year of the motor and possible have it looked at before making that decision.

Steve Hemphill
S/V Ad Astra
Chesapeake, VA