[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Dave Lewis about big Rhodies

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 15:15:59 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/18/2005 2:42:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ekroposki at charter.net writes:

_http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/_
(http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/)

Ed,

Thanks for your input.  Re trailering, we expect some minimal  trailering,
but not the full trailer sailor mode.  That is, we expect to  haul the boat out
at the end of each season, so we'll need a trailer.   Also, when we relocate
from northern Virginia, we'll need to trailer, but we  expect that will be it.
I think there may be a lot to be said for trailer  sailing, we car-topped for
a number of years, but the Rhodes 22 seems pretty big  and heavy to be
hauling around.  I suspect I'd need a dedicated tow  vehicle, which amounts to one
more headache and expense.  So to start,  we'll likely just sail.

Also, thanks for the Hartwell link on your message.  It looks like a  great
place to live and to sail.

Dave