[Rhodes22-list] Berthing and Sitting Capacity

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Nov 18 19:21:08 EST 2005

Dave,

Welcome to the Rhodes list.  GBI states that the vessel sleeps two in the
V-berth and two in the settee.  That's true only if you're smaller and of
course very friendly.  Neither my wife or I are large people in length or
girth but she sleeps in the V-berth and I on the settee.  I usually don't
set up the table for the extra width on the settee.  I just sleep on it as
is.  That way you can get up in the middle of the night or the next morning
and move around in the cabin much easier.  I'm also comfortable sleeping on
the cockpit seats alone with no filler cushions in between, but I am slim.

If you plan to sleep four on board, You would be very happy with the boom
room and filler cushions that transform the cockpit into a king size
bed--two in the cockpit, one in the V-berth and one on the settee is very
comfortable.

For a rainy day, you'll like the pop top enclosure so you can stand in the
cabin.  Four large people below would be crowded but doable.

Rhodies, Dan and Julie (both tall) like to say:  The Rhodes cocktails 6,
dines 4 and sleeps 2.  (That's without the boom room.)

Slim