Huh? Re: [Rhodes22-list] Exploding Porta Potties

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Mon Nov 21 14:39:21 EST 2005

Bill,
All I can say is you have way too complicated a porta-john.

Ours is a Thetford 135 with a bellows pump and sliding closure a the bottom
of the bowl. I've never experienced the pressure build-up you describe but
if I suspected it, it would be easy to crack the closure & then flush.
Simple, few moving parts and only a 2.6 gallon waste tank - which is why
when we empty it every other day I can carry it up the dock.

On the other hand, if we lived on a mooring like you do, we'd have a marine
head or plumb the porta-john to a deck pumpout fitting.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Ft. Washington, PA / Swan Creek MD