[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Auto Pilot Question(s)

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Tue Nov 22 08:01:58 EST 2005

Ah ha!  So, if it get an autopilot with wireless remote I won't need a
porta-pottie at all.

Bill W.

             Bill Effros
             <bill at effros.com>
             rhodes22-list-bou         The Rhodes 22 mail list
             nces at rhodes22.org         <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
                                                                        cc

             11/21/2005 06:45                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [Rhodes22-list] Tiller Auto
                                       Pilot Question(s)

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

Bill,

I got the ST1000 2 years ago.  Haven't installed it yet.  Maybe next
year.  Looks like a lot of technology for the money.  I want to see if I
can install it on the motor lift to get it out of the way.  This is a
bit close to the rudder gudgeon, but the Rhodes rudder moves so easily,
and the unit is so powerful, that I don't think it will be a problem.
It is possible to program the units so the push rod moves more or less
distance as dictated by the mounting position.

The unit likes to be level, but it's not critical.  There is a lot of
adjustment possible in the software.

If it works out, I want to get a wireless remote for the unit that I can
plug into my laptop.  Then I can pilot my boat from shore, and take a
leak behind a tree any time I want to.

You did say you wanted to hear everyone's experience with these
contraptions.  Hope this helps.

Bill Effros