Saroj's Solution. Re: [Rhodes22-list] Exploding PortaPotties

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Tue Nov 22 18:24:31 EST 2005

Art,

I honestly don't remember where I found the foot pump.  I had it installed
quite a number of years ago in Chicago area.  I live in Virginia now, but I
would check out various marine supply companies online.  I see a lot of
references to them, so don't imagine they are too difficult to find.

Mine looks similar to the one in this document:
http://www.practical-sailor.com/newspics/charts/871watersaver.pdf

I bought the stove  which measures approximately 11" x 14" in an oriental
grocery store in Arizona, but I have seen them in most such stores I have
been in.  I don't know how well it would handle a large pot.  Also keep in
mind that this is strictly for calm water usage.  There is no rack around it
to keep your pot from sliding off.

Mine is similar to this one and included a box to store it in:
http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Gas-kerosene/p/2000000003844/3000000163607/sm/1000701080.htm

Here is quite a collection of them to give you some ideas:
http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Gas-kerosene-manufacturers/b/2000000003844/3000000163607/19348.htm

I'm not aware of a brand name... these are made in the orient and commonly
used by higher end Chinese restaurants for food prepared at the diner's
table.

Hope this helps,
Saroj