[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 22:00:43 EST 2005

Bob,
  I just had two coats of Petitt Ultima put on (I don't remember if it
was Pro).  I sail on the ICW on the East Coast of Florida
and all the folks I talked to, indicate ablative is the way to go.  When
they worked on my boat they pressure washed the hull
then lightly sanded as necessary.  They recommended that I have all the
bottom paint sanded off for the next go around, but
that it wasn't too built up at this point.  I don't know if the old
paint was ablative, but the marina folks seemed sure the new
paint was going to stick.  Say, how did you route your bilge hose?  Did
you give the pump its own thru-hull fitting?

-Bud Connor