[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:51:50 EST 2005

Bud,
My bilge pump is routed to the sink discharge hose which is above the
waterline on the starboard side.  I don't know if I have any kind of
backflow checkvalve, but I've never had problems with water flowing in when
heeled.  The pump hasn't run in several years (fortuanately).  I have
learned that because of how flat the hull and bilge are in the Rhodes, you
have to have a LOT of water in the bilge to activate the pump.  Also had to
get a low-profile pump to fit.  Details, details.

They tell me that ablative bottom paint can go over hard paint, but not the
other way around.
Bob K
s/v Yankee Clipper