[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Nicholas Kuzniarski

andrew collins engineerpac at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:16:59 EST 2005

Nick-

We are lucky to have access to a municipal marina here in Greenwich, which
is very inexpensive but only available to residents. The moorings that are
available are shoal draft only, so the Rhodes 22 is a good choice. Shallow
draft moorings are much easier to come by than deeper ones for keel boats.
The haul out costs for keelboats are $20+ per foot, another pro-Rhodes
consideration.

There are many local private marinas, but I have not checked availability or
cost.

Good luck

Andrew

On 11/23/05, kuzzal at comcast.net <kuzzal at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello Dave & Andrew
>
> Looks like there will be the 3 of us with Rhodes22's in the area as I have
> a new one on order, also for next spring.
>
> Any ideas on marinas in the area with slips available or "dry sailing"? I
> need to try & find one possibly from  Greenwich up to Bridgeport.
>
> Regards  Nick Kuzniarski

> > newbie ponders the swell head
> >
> > Hello Dave,
> >
> > I live in downtown Greenwich and have ordered a recycled Rhodes, also
> for
> > this spring. I had walked the storage area at Greenwich Point looking
> for
> > one, and haven't seen the one on stands, but I'll go look for it this
> > weekend. The whole family wants to see one! Thanks for the pointer.
> >
> > Having just joined the list, it was serendipity to follow the whole
> marine
> > head/porta potty thread. My big question is what to get, if anyone wants
> > chime in. Our sailing will be day sailing on the Sound, with some
> overnight
> > stays not too far away. As the boat will be moored, the porta potty
> seems
> > like alot of work: in the dinghy, out of the dinghy, don't spill ...
> >
> > Can the marine head with holding tank be relied on not to smell, will
> the
> > pump need to be rebuilt frequently? As far as I can tell Bill Effros's
> > solution is the one to adopt. His exploding porta potty story was so
> graphic
> > and convincing, I think I would take a day off from work to have the
> tank
> > pumped and to clean it to avoid dealing with explosive situations. What
> > would be worse is if my wife had to deal with one. Then, with 8 year-old
> > triplets on board, frequently in a great hurry to find relief, the
> downside
> > is getting really deep.
> >
> > Has anyone had any experience with an on-board composting toilets (
> > www.airhead.com)?
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Andrew Collins
> >
> > On 11/23/05, Bradley, David wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello, Nick. I live in Old Greenwich, right off I-95 Exit 5, about 30
> > > minutes from you. I have ordered a new Rhodes for delivery in the
> > > spring. If you want to drive down, there are three R22s in Greenwich
> > > Cove, one of which is on stands in the parking lot for the winter. If
> > > you don't hear from one of the owners, I'll be happy to meet you and
> > > talk to you about our reasons for buying.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Dave Bradley

Andrew