[Rhodes22-list] ? for Bill Effros on Hard Bottom Paint

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Nov 27 23:43:02 EST 2005

Ed,

Some of the ablative paints are so soft they smear onto you if you brush
up against them either on land or in the water.  The paint I am now
using gets hard enough on land that you could call it "dry".  In the
water it softens, but not to the point where it leaves a stain in the
water, or completely ablates away in less than one season.

I know nothing about Teflon bottom paints except that racers were
talking about it for awhile.  The idea was that it would be too slick
for anything to stick to it.  I think it was too slick to stick to
anything else, also.

The computer toy is great.  I saw it this morning, but didn't have a
picture of my boat on my computer, so I decided to wait until I could
find one.  But now so many people are adding their locations, I posted
mine without a picture while there was still a place on the map for me.
I'll find a picture later and add it.

Bill Effros