[Rhodes22-list] Please tell me about your boat

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:34:50 EDT 2005

Rick, I understand your curiosity but the query is too vague.  It would be
like discribing Blue to a blind person.  Tell us what you want in a boat and
we can address whether or not the R-22 fits into your goals.  As a broad
stroke impression of the boat, I have sailed everything from racing dingies
and large charter boats since the age of 8.  I loved the feel, speed, and
resonsiveness of the dingies (still wish I had held on to my force 5) but as
I got older got to hate ducking the boom, getting wet, and having no back
rest.  I have sailed on many boats in the +30 range and liked all the full
sized seats, beds, and what not but the sailing was less than exhilerating.
The Rhodes  is a straight split down the middle of those poles.  With a
little more info you will get better answers.  Bob W