[Rhodes22-list] Ed K. about Topsail

Tim Spell tim at thespellagency.com
Wed Oct 5 18:47:46 EDT 2005

2 years ago I did not know this list existed. Bought my R22 from Stan in
2004. You are right about the waters @ Topsail, have to be careful. ICW is
fairly wide in some areas if wind is right you can sail. I usually run out
into the pond @ New Topsail inlet, you can go north to New River inlet about
25 miles and get back into ICW, being careful not to go into military
restricted area off coast @ New River, Cherry Point and Camp Lejune security
tend to get pissed if you do that. Better to go south out of New Topsail
Inlet, more places to run for cover if needed, Figure 8 Island, Lee
Island,Wrightsville Beach etc.Did this with my prior boat, have not been out
with the R22 yet. BTW the beachhouse marina is in Surf City, I am about 14
miles south on the island. If u should decide to come this way, let me know
when and for how long and I will assist to the best extent of my mole,crab,
woodchuck ability.