[Rhodes22-list] Spy Ware #3

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Oct 11 13:39:58 EDT 2005

Back when I owned a computer store, our tech referred to problems like that as "FM".

When I finally got around to asking him what it meant, it was "f@#$%^ing magic"

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast
>>> hnw555 at gmail.com 10/11/05 11:47 AM >>>
Ed,
 Back when I was an electrician on Army helicopters we always attributed
problems like these to either poltergeist or gremlins. From your description
of the problem, it seemed like the software is the issue. But when you said
it only was a problem on high-speed and not the dial-up, then it looks like
high speed is the issue. I would venture a guess that it is a combination of
the high-speed connection with the spy software that is the issue. It seems
that the problem disappears when either one is removed.
 Good luck. This may be one of those where you never do figure out what is
the problem.
 Hank