[Rhodes22-list] Fall Sailing in South Texas

Jim White lemenagerie22 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 11:02:32 EDT 2005

Greetings Folks
I fell off the radar screen for a bit. We moved to the mainland (Laguna Vista, about 5 miles from the marina), and I left my ivory tower at the University en lieu of a real job (I am now in County service), which I am finding challenging and satisfying as well. The pay indcrease and the decrease in hours are a big plus too.....

The red tide numbers are finally falling off, the water is crystal clear (due to the "sterilizing effect" of the red tide), many large fish are close to shore fattening up for the (ahem) winter, and the winds and air temperature are pretty perfect - south/southeast wind 8-15 and mid 80's. It's the best time of the year to sail! I'm going out today after I clear out of my 8-5 and catch some breeze, finally.

Cheers,

jw

Jim White
Le Menagerie