[Rhodes22-list] New Member

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Wed Oct 26 21:54:01 EDT 2005

Dear Leland,
                    I sailed my 1st Rhode on the Chesapeake for 16 years.  I
currently have one here in Oregon.  I would respond to your questions as
follows:
#1  I have rebuilt a couple of Rhodes and I would without a doubt recommend
you go with a recycle '86 as proposed by Stan.  It isn't just the 2 year
warranty it is what Stan does to/with the boat and systems.  No one does it
better.  The buy back policy is frosting on the cake!

#2 Great you read the FAQ but go to archives (some quit recent) for more
info).  I've always had two batteries.  Remember you spend a night behind
High Island in the Rhode River then take off for Poplar island  and then to
that secret cove to the S.E. and you will be glad you have the extra battery
and no worries.  I have a 6hp  2 stroke but I watch the tides.  Rest of your
ideas look good, and absolutely get cockpit cushions.  Never had a Bimini
for the first 16 years on the Bay but enjoy mine in Mexico and up at the
higher lakes in the Cascades.

#3.  What doesn't sink you will make you stronger!

By the way, as everyone knows S/V means Sexually Virile.

Chris G
Very S/V Enosis