[Rhodes22-list] New Vs. recycled

William P. Barry, III wp.barry at att.net
Thu Oct 27 01:33:54 EDT 2005

Hmmmm. Having had both a New boat and a Recycled boat... New VS. Used VS.
Recycled are all COMPLETELY different. If you want to compare a recycled
boat to a used than let's think. Used equals someone elses problems, someone
elses damages, someone elses half done work and maintanace.

RECYCLED means an old hull, yes. BUT a NEW gel coat finish, REPLACEMENT of
ALL worn, damaged, and no longer useable parts. a WARRANTY, upgrades of all
GBI parts, accessories within reason for a more optimal sailing performance,
and if you put a NEW and Recycled boat next to eachother at a boat
show...ie: Atlantic City- The few people that can establish the difference
between the boats are already Rhodes owners. Now had their been a USED boat
near by, most anyone would be able to see that it wasn't newly launched from
the factory.

Our recycled boat had New sails, upgraded motor lift, and even we couldn't
tell that it was ever owned by another owner. The only reason we went to a
new boat was because the options desired would have cost as much to upgrade
or more than to just start with a new hull.

-Former R22 Owner (Bulldog)