[Rhodes22-list] Re: a difficult job, but worth all the toil!

Lou Rosenberg steadilsr at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 20:40:00 EST 2005

Stan,

  I dropped the centerboard into the trunk today after the first round
of sanding and it fit great with plenty of room!  The rejuvenated slots
were in line with the tilt of the boat on its stands and there was no
binding going up and down ( only to 3/4  down) as I am only about 4ft
up on the stands.
All I have to do is roll in the last two layers of epoxy and barrier
coat, then paint.   reassemble and move on to the next project!

  Unfortunately though my  non -GBI centerboard bail did not fit the
trunk even with a custom designed T nut and shaved
1/4x20 truss head bolt. oh well back to using the stock pennant around
the board with a bowline knot.

  Definitely the hardest job I have ever attempted, but will be totally
worth the work in the spring when  i hope to launch.
  Lou