[Rhodes22-list] New Orleans Flood control

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 10:44:10 EDT 2005

It really is devistating to see all of the destruction.  Last time I was in
New Orleans I picked up "The Control of Nature" by John Mcfee, which
has a long section on the Corps of Engineers and the levee system.  Reading
it while I was in New Orleans made me want to carry around an inflatable.
The danger of flooding has always been very real.  That is why all the rich
folks live on high ground.  It is also interesting to listen to the various
officials -
the only thing that is clear is that there is no real plan yet.

Ron