[Rhodes22-list] Rummies observation

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Sep 5 13:28:38 EDT 2005

Nice try, Ed, but it won't wash.

1/2 the Louisiana National Guard was in Iraq--along with all of their
meals ready to eat, and most of their equipment.  (We have now asked
your friends in France to send us food and water trucks.)  Walmart
immediately sent water, but FEMA sent it back saying New Orleans didn't
need it.

The Director of Homeland Security and the Head of FEMA both said they
didn't even know there were 15,000 people totally at the mercy of roving
gangs within the New Orleans Convention Center at a time when news
organizations were reporting about it on national television from the site.

The Governor and Mayor immediately called other states for help, and the
other Governors were ready to send, but W. was clearing brush in Texas,
Condi was shopping in NYC, -- (August is a vacation month) -- and there
was no one in DC to authorize the transfer of National Guard troops.
(You see, the states can't just send their armed militias into other
states, they've got to get authorization from the Federal
Government--which didn't happen.  And why should it?  "I don't think
anyone anticipated the breach of the levees" -- George W. Bush, Good
Morning America, September 1, 2005.

The USS Bataan has been moored in the Gulf since last Monday, basically
doing nothing.  It can make 100,000 gallons of fresh water a day, it has
6 (unused) operating rooms, and hundreds of (empty) hospital beds, it's
supposed to have helicopters so all these resources can be made
available to people in disaster areas.  It aided Tsunami victims...

PUH-leeze.

Bill Effros

PS -- This information comes to me, not from the New York Times, but
from Fox News.  Even Mr. Murdoch has had enough.  It's fine to have an
orientation, but it's time to take your head out of the sand.