[Rhodes22-list] Rummies observation

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 13:10:14 EDT 2005

Bill,

I do need some sleep.  Enjoy your sail.  Believe it or
not, China has DSL and I read the same newspapers
everyone else did.  Hillary today called for a Katrina
commission to investigate the Federal response.  That
is a wonderful idea.  Perhaps we should finish
collecting corpses and feeding the homeless before we
start, but a great idea all the same.  I'm willing to
bet you right now, this week, well before the Hillary
report is published, that my numbers are correct to
within +/- ten percent and yours are not.  Let's make
it $1000 just so it's interesting.  Here's my
position.

As of 8/31/05 The Louisiana Army National Guard and
Reserve had 3,748 members on active duty (about 3,500
from the 256th Infantry Brigade in Iraq).  That leaves
about 8,000 available for disaster relief including
the 225th Engineer Group.  Now the 256th does have
some nice toys: M1 Abrams tanks, M2  Bradleys, and
M109 Paladin howitzers.  What they would use that
equipment for in a hurricane I'm not sure but it
wasn't available, all in Iraq.

of NO. He said he needed busses.  They're right where
you left them Mr. Mayor, underwater now, all the city
municipal busess, school busses, all of them.

Bill, this was a Cat 4/5 hurricane that hit a city
that lies below sea level that is only protected to a
Cat 3 level.  Every sane and able person left town.
The mayor and the governor had the same 72 hours to
get everyone out of town as everyone else did. They
had a plan on the shelf but didn't use it. I was in
China for chrissakes and knew about it. If you and
your Micheal Moore buddies continue to milk this for
political gain it will blow up in your face.

Here is something we all can do, write a check to a
relief organization.  We're in this together folks.
If the Feds are all at fault, don't vote for their
leader next time.  In the meantime, we've got a lot of
work to do!

Brad

=== message truncated ===