[Rhodes22-list] Re: IMF and trailering

Deanpatent at aol.com Deanpatent at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 09:52:54 EDT 2005

I have recently ordered a 2000 Rhodes 22 (newbie?) and have a couple of
questions for the list.  I have been sailing for about 6 years and currently have a
27' catalina.

First, has anyone ever had any problems furling or unfurling the IMF during
high winds.  The IMF seems like a great idea, but a down side appears that if
you have trouble "reefing" when you need to.

Second, I am leaning towards a double axle trailer.  Are there any problems
associated with launching and retrieving with a double axle trailer that are
not present with a single axle i.e. is it harder to launch and retrieve with a
double axle trailer?

Many thanks for your input.  I am very much looking forward to sailing my
Rhodes 22' and look forward to this list for help and advice.

Dean Domingue