[Rhodes22-list] Re: IMF and trailering

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 09:58:12 EDT 2005

Dean,
 With any roller furler, you need to get pressure off of the sail to furl it
easily. One thing you can do is when sailing into the wind, keep the jib
trimmed properly and let the main sheet out so that the main is luffing
(basically, pointed dead into the wind). Furl it to the desired point and
then sheet it back in. This way you keep headway while you adjust the wind
and the boat remains a more stable platform.
 Hank