[Rhodes22-list] Comment on Florida based Air Force(?) Helicopters

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Sep 8 13:46:30 EDT 2005

Brad:
	Yes there were two helicopters (Air Force?) sent from Florida to NO
with supplies and emergency parts.  They were supposed to return immediately
for another load.  That load was delayed while they rescued about 100
persons from rooftops.  Do you think that the load that was delayed was the
water for the Superdome?
	Have you ever heard the reason that there were so few helicopters in
NO and Gulfport the next day?  All the Air Force, Navy, National Guard
equipment that were not in storm proof hangers were evacuated a safe
distance in the days before.  Can you imagine that they made sure their
equipment was sent to a safe place so that they would have it after the
storm?
	Do you think that might have been the reason why they had so many
helicopters available by Friday?  What has happened here is some have
developed a television mentality.  Just flip a switch or turn a knob and you
have all the resources.
	I doubt we will get all the truth, but I am sure certain media
outlets will push their agenda.  I see where the National Guard is under gag
orders not to say anything.  But then again, they still have work to do and
should not be holding news conferences anyway.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA