[Rhodes22-list] 3 innocent details

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Fri Sep 9 16:52:07 EDT 2005

1.    The GB computer got infected with a wonderful virus that closed down Outlook Express if you highlighted its carrier.   We finally gave up on trying to cure it and bought a new computer.  In the process of saving info from the infected machine we saved the virus.  Even Ed's expertise could not get the transplanted virus out of the new one but we were able to work around it until the particular e-mal carrier worked its way up to the top of the incoming list at which point it became king of the hill and nothing worked thereafter. We finally elected major surgery and junked the entire program.  The operation was a success but the patient died, i.e. our e-mail was killed for a while.  The point to all this is that if anyone sent us anything of importance and has not had a response from us we have an excuse - please resubmit.

2.`    After giving up our first computer we had lost our photo program that allowed us to print over pictures so freely and easily.  Many of you suggested programs to try, none of which did the trick for us.  Then by chance we found a copy in Italy and tried to buy it at Compuserve.  Unfortunately they knew even less than I did and sold us a copy of PhotoStudio that did not have the features of our first one.  After a few live calls to CA we were told that they sold us he wrong one, what we wanted was PhotoStudio 5.5.   We were given a free trial and that was it - incase anyone else out there has the same needs we do.

3.     MM has installed our new menu listing on our site: Used Rhodes: Buying and Selling, which takes the clicker to a page with a stunning photo of 4 Rhodes docked at Bob Keller's house.  If anyone recognizes themselves or their boat in this shot and wants us to remove the picture, please let us know.  We have had one hit so far and he said it was a mistake.  But we do have our first seller and buyer - who may or may not go along with the after-the-fact terms.  .

sorry, no political comment on the flooding - it is factually over my head.

stan/ec/gbi/