[Rhodes22-list] Blame the Now: Sailing

Jim White lemenagerie22 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 14:40:29 EDT 2005

Thanks Bill

It really did pass me by...maybe it has something to do with my dyslexia...or maybe impatience on my part, but it was an overload.

It took me eight years to do college and grad school, and sometime I still feel like a gypsy in the palace. Hours and hours of Government, American History, Civics etc. as an undergrad, and I came away with a sense that we (the individual) are resposible for the caretaking of this country. I was under the impression that the government (especially the federal government) is a necessary evil...At least that's what I thought the framers and founders thought. I always thought the the local governments were primarily responsible to their governed, and beyond that each individual was responsible to one another (the higher law thing...). I guess I need to relearn things.

The La. tragedy seems to me to be just that, a tragedy, regardless of which levels of government screwed things up. It's time to pull together for the common good.

Them gov'ment kind are all a bunch of city slickers anyhow.... I figure we can sort the mess out later, but right now we need to take care of the problem.

Anyway, I have little time to try and solve political problems...I'm too busy trying to keep an eye on the workings of this little microcosm of ocean down here, and besides I'm sort of kinesthetic to begin with...I have to get my hands on the problem, that's why for me it was better to send so money (which I have little of), clothes and food for the effort in NOLA. That's my obligation and duty as an American citizen. If I didn't have school age kids, like Herb I would've gone there to try and help out too.

Let better minds solve the big problems on this list...

Cheers
jw

Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:
Jim, forgot to label that a joke, we all did get it 8 times. At least,
I did.

Bill Effros

Jim White
Le Menagerie