[Rhodes22-list] Electronics Advice

Bradley, David david.bradley at sap.com
Sun Sep 11 23:23:17 EDT 2005

Hello, all.  Do you have any advice for me on compass and electronics
choices?  I am completing the specs for a new R-22, and am considering
having a compass and dual depth/speed meter installed.

Thru-hull or transom mount transducer?  Any favorite/worst brands?
Anybody tried a secondary display near the tiller/stern area?

Practical sailor recommends the Ritchie Navigator compass.  But it seems
like a very large hole to drill in a nice new bulkhead...

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Dave