[Rhodes22-list] Electronics Advice

Todd Zumach zoomerzx at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:01:30 EDT 2005

My 86 R22 has the compass mounted on a board that slides into the grooves
for the companion way hatch. The board with compass attached stores in the
drawer under the settee when not in use. I sail on an inland lake so a
compass is not critical. I do like having the knot meter (installed on
starboard side stern cabin wall. The only problem with that location is my
wife blocks the display when she is relaxing with your back against the
cabin wall.

I have a depth finder that I plan on installing this winter. The display
will be placed on the same board as the compass. I will try to locate the
sensor head as far forward as possible and I plan on using silicon adhesive
to hold it in place. A stern mounted sensor with only tell you what you
already hit.

Todd Zumach
Phillips, WI