[Rhodes22-list] Why Rebuild New Orleans?

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Thu Sep 15 16:27:40 EDT 2005

Its an incredible dilemma given the ecology of the area... however New
Orleans is truly a national treasure rich with historical significance...
maybe they'll have to pull a Chicago where the city was built up on stilts
essentially... used to be down a story... often when they excavate for new
buildings they find store fronts and evidence of streets at what is now the
basement area...  You can walk from one end of the downtown area to the
other underground still...

Saroj