[Rhodes22-list] Why Rebuild New Orleans?

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 15 16:49:11 EDT 2005

Saroj,

I completely agree with you and Rummy about that.  I makes no sense to
rebuild "as was".  At the least, they should first upfit the levees to
withstand a Category 5, or plan on converting to a "new world Venice".
Proper planning could have avoided the whole catastrophe.  If it's too
expensive to do it properly, then perhaps it shouldn't be done.

PT